Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

oh hey + news

Well it sure has been a while. Or at least it feels this way.

Another semester come and gone. And a new one starting in just six days! That's right, instead of lounging around the pool or working at a summer internship, I'm taking classes this summer. I find it very interesting that the culture at Georgia Tech is so different from other universities that many of my high school friends go to. There, the end of spring semester is followed by three months of uninterrupted lounging and tanning. At Tech, it's sort of understood that summers are meant for taking summer classes or working at co-ops or internships. I'm not sure if this is a recent change but when you ask someone "What are you doing this summer?" you expect to hear one of the above options. Idle summers are rare. So I'll be forgoing a long break in favor of taking a 12-hour summer semester.

Oh, and I'll also be traveling around Europe, too.

Sorry I didn't mention that minor major detail before. The program I'm participating in is a 10-week excursion. The first four weeks I'll take two classes--one music class and one architecture class, both European-based--and travel around several cities in Western Europe, too.

The final six weeks, I'll take two more classes (of my choosing) while staying at Oxford University in England. On weekends I'll be able to take short trips to different destinations, as well.

So to say I'm excited would be a bit of an understatement. This will be my first time in Europe (and only my second international trip ever) and I can't wait to meet new people and see new things.

I hope to detail my travels here and post photos on Flickr and Instagram, so by no means do I intend to abandon this space. I know having it as my own travel journal will be invaluable.

I've added a feature on the right showing the cities I'm visiting, as well as new links to all the ways we can stay in touch.

As always, thank you for reading; I can't wait to share this exciting time in my life with you all!

[Image from here]

3 comments:

  1. just a bit jealous...very proud you're making this happen...and hopeful you really will stay in touch! (and I LOVE that you used one of my photos at the top - look forward to making lovely memories with you in italy in two years!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay to all of this! sooo excited - and definitely jealous! how are you updating instagram there? that's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the food you will eat the the sights you will see.

    ReplyDelete